About Leap Card
Leap Card is the new way to pay for travel to, from and around Dublin. A Leap Card is a reusable plastic smart card that can be used instead of paper tickets to pay-as-you-go for transport. It’s flexible – you can use it to travel on a Collins Coach, Dublin Bus, Luas, DART, Commuter Rail and a number of other Privately Operated services. No more need to carry the cash fare with you – just pay the appropriate fare with the travel credit on your leap card. You can also register your leap card online, so if it’s lost or stolen, no-one else can use it. Once you register, you can also see your card history and buy Travel Credit online
Purchasing your Leap Card
You can purchase and top-up a Leap Card Online at www.leapcard.ie or at any of the 400 Leap Card ticket agents throughout Dublin.
Using your Leap Card on Collins Coaches
Leap Card can now be used on the Collins Coaches Dublin Commuter Service to purchase Adult/Student Single Journey Tickets and 10 Journey Tickets using the Travel Credit balance on your Leap Card.
We do not accept Child Leap Cards on any of our services
The following fares are available to Adult/Student Leap Card users travelling to/from Dublin City:
|McGrudders/Brink/Curtis & Balrath X||€7.00||€55.00|
Purchasing a single journey ticket on Collins Coaches using your Leap Card?
- Present your Leap Card to the driver and request a Leap Single ticket to your chosen destination.
- Place your Leap Card onto the Leap Card validator. The driver will then deduct your fare from your Travel Credit and your ticket will be issued to your Leap Card.
- Remove your Leap card when advised to do so.
Purchasing a 10 journey ticket on Collins Coaches using your Leap Card?
- Present your Leap Card to the driver and request a Leap 10 Journey ticket to your chosen destination
- Place your Leap Card onto the Leap Card validator. The driver will then deduct the fare from your Travel Credit and your ticket will be issued to your Leap Card. The first journey will be then be recorded on your card
- For the remaining 9 journeys (which must be used up within 30 days), present the Leap Card to the Leap Card Validator as you board the bus. Listen out for the beep which records that your ticket has been successfully used.
Note: You must have sufficient credit on your Leap Card before you purchase a ticket from the driver